Friday, February 18, 2011

Age

What I really liked about this third part of the movie, was the way Ang Lee showed age in the movie Brokeback Mountain. As time progressed, the hair and facial hair that they originally had would change drastically. For example, Jack originally didn't have a mustache or the longer hair but later int he movie, he did. Enis looked naturally older with his wrinkly face.
Another thing I really liked was how Jack finally "grew up" and stood up to his father-in-law. His wife was also very happy about that I think she was glad to see a change in Jack, but I think that was an effect of Enis being busy and him being angry because he had to wait for a long time.

1 comment:

  1. I disagree. I think one of the biggest challenges for Ang Lee was to create a believable age difference in the characters from the beginning of the movie to the end. Obviously, there's no quick fix for this, since the movie was filmed all at once. I think the aging tactics with Lureen (more and more ridiculous hairstyles each scene) don't work at all, and Jack's flashy outfits show off his money, not his age.
    I do agree that Ennis was aged well, but this has to do mostly with the fact that Heath Ledger was older than "Ennis" was at the beginning of the movie.

    ReplyDelete