Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Joe

What I really enjoyed so far about the story was the way Ang Lee showed the length of the story in the movie. There was a lot of time in the movie where you can tell time was passing. Another thing I liked was the mirror shot in the beginning when Jack is shaving and you see Enis is in the shot. I think you can't really tell if he is looking at Enis or Not. I think this is important and made for multiple interpretations because I feel as if that part was a hint towards what was to come, the relationship.
I also feel like the panning and cutting aspects of the movie were very important. There is a lot of scanning around landscapes and stuff and it really adds the sense of time (again) and sensitivity as well. Steady shots are very important because you see an extensive shot of reaction and emotion.
The sex scene was kind of random. I felt it coming once I saw Enis sleeping outside in the cold, shivering. It was important that it was random because it was the beginning of their relationship.

1 comment:

  1. I disagree with your comment about the sex scene. Although you may have seen it coming, I believe it was intentionally, as the story is so well known (from the written story and the hype, as well as the fact we realize with the characters that they are developing feelings for each other and realize they have a sexual attraction for each other.

    ReplyDelete